The removal certificate must contain the following information:
- name and address of the person who issued the certificate
- name and address of the owner of such stock or produce
- the place form where and the place to which such stock or produce is being driven, conveyed or transported
- name of the driver, conveyer or transporter
- date of issue of the certificate and if applicable, the registration number, model and make of the vehicle with which the stock or produce is being conveyed or transported.
In accordance with the Stock Theft Act such a removal certificate must in practice contain the following information of the stock:
- the breed or type of stock
- the number traded and the brand, tattoo or any other identification mark
- the sex, number and colour of the stock if it is not marked in the prescribed manner or the mark is not registered under any law.